A sleek hairstyle is a great option for lots of different events. Getting your hair sleek and keeping it that way can be a little on the tricky side, however. To help you create this great finish on your locks, try the following tips!
Sleek Hairstyle Tips
Ensure your hair is well nourished. Itâ€™s easy to get and keep your hair sleek and flat if itâ€™s in good condition. Smoother your locks in a hair treatment a few days before styling, or use an overnight treatment the night before.
Detangle your hair with a comb before styling. This will get out any knots and result in easier styling.
Wash with a shampoo and conditioner that are designed to promote sleek locks.
If your hair is already relatively straight, apply a serum to damp locks before getting out your heated styling tools.
If your hair has some curl to it, apply a serum and a straightening spray to give your locks some extra help before styling.
To get really sleek, frizz free hair, use this styling plan:
- Blow-dry your hair with your blow-dryer until your locks are 80 percent dry.
- Divide your hair into manageable sections.
- Use a round hair brush and your blow-dryer to further smooth and style each individual section.
- Use a hair straightener to give extra sleekness to the sections, especially the ones around your face.
- Finish your styling with some cool air from your blow-dryerâ€™s cool shot button. This will set your style.
- Apply a small amount of smoothing shine to palms, rub your hands together and then gently smooth your hands over the top of your locks. This should take care of any fly-aways and add some shine.
One final tip, when styling, remember to remove every ounce of moisture in your hair. If you donâ€™t, your locks will become less sleek as the day goes on.