Willow Smith certainly knows how to whip her hair back and forth, not to mention rock some seriously cool hairdos. If you like her edgy hairstyles but don't want to copy her shaved sides, you can recreate a similar look, as our model demonstrates here. One side of this thick mane is braided to the head and pinned to the back, while the opposite side is blow-waved smooth from root to tip giving this look and contrasted finish. This hairstyle is great for those wanting be the center of attention at any event. Product is needed for hold and shine.
Here's how to get a Willow Smith inspired hairstyle in only a few minutes.
- To start, you will need hair that is long enough to braid. Girls with a short bob may be able to achieve this look with the help of hair pins... and some patience!
- For ladies with longer hair, begin by blow-drying your hair into a sleek, straight style.
- Create a deep side hair part. You can keep it straight or for extra cool factor, make it a diagonal part.
- Begin at the front and create three equal sections of hair. For a large braid, use large sections and for a small tight braid like our model, use tiny sections.
- Braid the hair towards the back of the head by pulling the hair sections underneath each other so that the braid sits on top, not underneath like a French braid.
- Once you have reached the nape of your neck, pin it or use a hair elastic to tie it into place.
- For an extra dose of Willow Smith style, add some bright pink and blue clip in hair extensions on the side where the hair is down.
(Funky outfit and superstar parents are optional!)