Hairstyle Suitability Rating:
Hairstyle Popularity Rating:
Try On This Hairstyle
Anne wore her short mane messy and casual to the 18th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards. The back and sides are tapered into the head as well as the top length that is left slightly longer to contour the head and showing off the jagged cut bangs that soften the face and completes the over-all 'do magnificently.
Anne Hathaway has really been put through the wringer for her role in Les Miserables. Not only did she have to diet her way down to look like she was starving, she also had to chop all of her hair off. All of that dedication paid off howeverâ€”Anne scooped up a Critic's Choice for best supporting actress. And to top it off, post-filming, she is looking better than ever. Her weight is returning back to normal and just look at that hair! Her hairstyle is surely going to be one of the most sought-after in 2013. If you love Anne's new 'do, use this checklist to see if it will suit you:
- Do you have a round, oval, heart or triangular-shaped face? If so, this style will look fabulous on you.
- Does your hair have a naturally straight texture? This is another "must" to wear this style with ease. Ladies with texture in their hair will not be able to get this look without straightening their hair, either chemically or with a heated styling tools everydayâ€¦which defeats the purpose of having an easy wash-and-go style!
- Do you wear glasses? If so, you may want to look at another option. This style suits a frame-free face (or contact lenses) best.
Under 21, 21 - 30, 31 - 40, 41 - 50, 51 - 60, and Over 60
Fluff the styling products into the ends of your hair and pinch as you go to create textured edges.
Wax and Hair Spray
Similar hairstyles you may be interested in...
1. Wax Hair Down at the Back
Apply some wax to your fingertips and then pull through the ends of your hair in a downward motion to achieve a sculptured look. Pinch clumps of hair in different directions for a messier result.
2. Style Sides Down Using Wax
Using a small amount of wax, work it through the mid-lengths and ends in a downward, pinching motion. For added texture, apply more pinching and more wax.
3. Flatten the Top Using Wax
Apply wax to the palms of your hands, and then starting at the top-back area, drag your hands forward, flattening your hair down as you go. For a wetter look use more wax.
4. Style Bangs to the Left Using Wax
Apply wax to your fingertips then drag through your bangs, sweeping the hair to the left as you go. Pinching the ends will create soft texture.
To finish, apply a minimal amount of hairspray from an arms length distance to the top, sides and back. Take care not to use too much or you will end up with a white, flaky residue which looks like dandruff.