Those with a heart face will have a similar face shape to Reese Witherspoon (pictured right) and will recognize the width across the top of the face and the narrowness at the bottom.
The proportions of a heart face shape can be balanced with the help of makeup. For further advice, try these tips:
- Apply some gold eye shadow over your entire lid and a smoky blue color from the inner corner of your eye up to your brow and from under your eye to outer corner of your brow.
- Under the center of the brow, add some highlight and a line of blue-grey kohl underneath the lower lashes. This will all focus attention on the center of your face, reducing width.
- Use some blusher a shade darker than your foundation on your cheekbones and then blend it out to your hairline to help pull in your cheeks.
- Use a warm toned pale lipstick on your mouth to round out your chin and create width through the lower part of your face. For tips on shaping your lips, see our beauty article, Makeup Tricks: Shaping Your Lips.
- To see the difference lipstick can make to your face shape visit the extras section in our Virtual Hairstyler and try out our selection of lipsticks.
When it comes to makeup, the number one rule is that you should always be comfortable. Use these tips and makeup color suggestions as a guide for creating your own look and remember that all face proportions are different and the aim is to balance your own individual features within your face shape.
For another way to flatter your face shape see our hairstyles article, The Right Hairstyle for Your Heart Face Shape.