Those with a triangular face will have a similar face shape to Fantasia Barrino (pictured right) and will recognize the bottom heavy shape.
The proportions of a triangular face shape can be balanced with the help of makeup, specifically by minimizing the width across the chin and adding some width across the forehead. For further advice, try these tips:
- Try blending a paler foundation just above your eyebrows and up to your hairline to create width across your forehead
- Apply some dark eye shadow to your eyes to make a strong and dramatic statement and then add some gold highlighter up and out across to your eyebrow to increase width.
- Use a grey kohl pencil above your lashes starting from the middle of your eyelid to the outer corner, and all across the bottom lashes around your eye.
- Use a light colored blusher on just your cheekbones and take the color to your hairline to narrow down your face.
- Use a blush shade that is one tone darker than your foundation to blend a triangle shape from under your cheekbone to the points of your jaw.
- A dark colored lipstick will minimize width through the lower part of your face. For tips on shaping your lips, see our beauty article, Makeup Tricks: Shaping Your Lips.
- To see the difference lipstick can make to your face shape visit the extras section in our Virtual Hairstyler and try out our selection of lipsticks.
When it comes to makeup, the number one rule is that you should always be comfortable. Use these tips and makeup color suggestions as a guide for creating your own look and remember that all face proportions are different and the aim is to balance your own individual features within your face shape.
For another way to flatter your face shape see our hairstyles article, The Right Hairstyle for Your Triangular Face Shape.