We shine the spotlight on Reese Witherspoon's hairstyles.
Reese Witherspoon is one of America's sweethearts and epitomizes the blonde haired, blue-eyed girl from next door look. Reese is known for her long Hollywood locks but she can pull off a short and sassy 'do just as easily. When you think of Reese you immediately think of a heart-shaped face, where the cheek area is slightly wider than the hairline and then drops into a pointed chin. The best hairstyles for heart-shaped faces draw attention to the cheekbones and eyes.
Here are a few points to consider if you are deciding on a new hairstyle for your heart-shaped face:
• Soft, side-swept bangs will accentuate your eyes and draw the focus away from a pointy chin.
• A long bob that's all one length will help to soften a strong jawline on your heart-shaped face.
• A deep side part brings emphasis to the cheekbones.
• Cut your bangs at the brows and blend them with wispy layers in the front. This will not widen heart-shaped faces any further and provide a nice frame for your eyes.
• Loose curls keep the cut young and fresh, plus they will soften up a strong jawline or pointy chin,
• Consider a bob hairstyle. By cutting the hair to this length it adds volume to your 'do and highlights the cheekbone area.
This is one of Reese's signature looks- long tousled waves. Although side-swept bangs are better for a heart shaped face, Reese has parted her hair down the centre with flattering results. The key here is great layering in all the right places. The look is soft and glamorous with a beachy vibe that works for day or night.
Here, the Oscar goes to…Reese Witherspoon for best hair! Reese is at her red carpet best here, oozing old school Hollywood glamour with retro-inspired mermaid waves. Think 1940s star of the silver screen, Veronica Lake. The key to this look is to start with a deep, sultry side part à la Veronica. Loose soft curls are then added to cascade elegantly down past the shoulders.
Reese once again looks stunning here, this time with a retro-inspired updo. Her voluminous 'do was created by teasing the hair at the roots and pulling it back into a high ponytail. If your hair isn't long, you can fake it like Reese with the addition of real or clip-in hair extensions.
Reese wows us here with sun-kissed blonde highlights and a long side-swept fringe. Loose waves and a natural, barely-there makeup palette soften the overall look and give her a soft, feminine look.
Here is Reese in her latest hairstyle- a very chic medium length bob. The jagged cut falls just above her shoulders and she's still rockin' her signature side bangs. This hairstyle draws attention to her pretty features and softens the jawline. The look is young and fresh, not to mention low maintenance. This casual, no-fuss hairstyle needs only a quick blow-dry and a spritz of hairspray to style.
It's easy to see why Reese Witherspoon is one of our most viewed celebrities on the Hairstyler.com—with such a wide array of hairstyles that always look gorgeous, Reese is definitely a hairstyle icon, especially for those with heart-shaped faces.