While you can try different hairstyles (see our Braided Hair: How to Get it and How to Wear it and Celebrity Hairstyle Trend: The High Updo blogs for inspiration), sometimes something as simple as a headband can give your hair the makeover boost that it needs.
Headbands come in all different shapes and sizes and can be made out of anything from cloth material to plastic. For more info about headbands and some suitable hairstyles see our hair care article: Hair Accessories: The Definitive Guide. For tips about headbands, read on…
- For a flattering look when wearing your headband, push it a few inches back from your head and then pull it forward so it pushes the front section of your hair up slightly.
- Try different brands and different styles of headbands to find the right one for you.
- Use thin, different colored headbands to create an interesting style.
- Headbands are great for keeping your hair out of your face and will stop you from touching your hair, which can make your hair greasy.
- If your hair is thin/fine then give petite headbands a try.
- For thicker hair, wider headbands are the go.
- A thick headband worn on your hairline will shorten an elongated face.
- Headbands are perfect for disguising greasy roots and taming kinks.
- If you’re trying to grow out your bangs then a headband is an excellent way to keep your hair out of your face until it gets to a decent length.
- If you’re having trouble trying to get your headband to stay in place then mist your hair with a little bit of hairspray before putting in your headband to get it to stay put.
Try these tips and give a headband a go next time you’re looking to makeover your look. If you have any tips of your own, or know of any other great hair accessories, then be sure to leave a comment below!