The bohemian look is still going strong in Hollywood, as modelled here by Nicky Hilton. She was recently papped looking positively angelic at a charity event, wearing soft makeup and long flowing hair. If you like this Seventies-inspired hairstyle, you can get it in a matter of minutes. It works best with medium length or long hair, but ladies with short hair can do a similar version too.
Get the Look:
1. Start by creating sleek waves in your hair. If your hair is naturally straight, use large hair rollers or a curling wand. If you have natural waves you can leave them as is or polish them up with rollers or a curling wand.
2. Create a centre hair part in the hair and take a small section of hair from the top of the forehead on each side.
3. Working on one section at a time, divide it into two pieces and then twist them around each other like a rope. Pin each finished ‘rope’ at the back of the head with hair pins.
• Instead of roping the hair, braid it.
• For short hair, pin the braids or ropes at the side of the head behind the ear rather than at the back if it’s too short.
• If you don’t do centre parts, do a deep side part and one braid only, pinning it behind the ear.