Dark Hair: Is it the Look for You?
By Roy on 5 June 2009
Would you like to go dark, but don't think you can? Are you worried such a change would be too dramatic? Here at TheHairStyler.com we are in love with the latest seasonal trend of gorgeous deep brunettes and soft dark mahogany's, so we've put together a few pros and cons to coloring your hair a darker shade.
- Dark hair looks silky, soft and shiny, even if you have bleached your hair blonde time and time again.
- Dark hair is easy to maintain and hides all those frizzy fly-aways.
- Although all hair color is a chemical process, there is less damage with darker shades because there is no bleaching. For more of a conditioning effect, try a semi permanent as it is gentle on the hair and scalp, making the color less harmful.
- Going a darker shade is an easy process, and you don't have to spend 4 to 5 hours in the salon trying to lighten your hair.
- Putting a darker shade in your hair is easy; taking it out is not so easy.
- Fading will play a big part in dark color, so regular trips to your hairdresser are a necessity.
- Choosing the right shade to suit your complexion may not always go your way. For example, if your color choice is to have black hair but you are fair to light, chances are you will probably look like a ghost.
- Sometimes a dark tone doesn't have a warming effect, which means less definition.
In conclusion, dark hair is fun, effective and a great change. But if you're still not convinced, try a semi permanent the first time round, or for a quick and easy way to see instantly what you would look like with a brunette shade, upload your photo today!