Nicola Roberts is in one of those girl bands that are very successful in the UK, but unheard of in the United States. So for those who don’t know her, she is the quirky fashionista of the group who is very proud of her alabaster skin and copper locks. Roberts loves to experiment with fashion, hair and makeup. Her latest hairdo is straight from the Eighties, but with a modern day twist. This is a fun and easy-to-do style, perfect for ladies with short hair who want something different. Here’s how to recreate Nicola Roberts’ modern day Eighties style bob.
1. You hair should be shoulder length or shorter for best results.
2. With a one-inch curling iron or wand, take 1.5 inch square sections and begin creating corkscrew curls from the bottom of the head, working your way up.
3. Spray each curl with hairspray to hold it in place.
4. Once you are finished curling your entire head of hair, create a deep side hair part and flip it towards the back of the head and spray it into place.
5. Separate the rest of the curls slightly with your fingertips to create all that Eighties bounce!
Wear this style with a cool retro outfit---the bigger the shoulder pads, the better!
To see how you'd look with the hairstyle pictured in this blog, click on the above image to try the virtual hairstyle with your own photo!