- Hair Category: Formal
- Hair Length: Short
- Hair Elasticity: Straight
- Gender: Men
- Face Shape: Round, Oval, Heart, and Triangular
- Hair Density: Thin/Medium
- Hair Texture: Fine/Medium
- Age: Under 21, 21 - 30, 31 - 40, 41 - 50, 51 - 60, and Over 60
- Height: Any
- Weight: Thin/Average/Large
- Glasses: Suits with and without
- Styling Time: 10 minutes
- Products: Mousse and Hair Spray
- Styling Tip: Spray a small amount of hairspray at the roots and ends to keep this style full and shaped for longer.
1 . Apply Mousse
Apply styling mousse to damp hair, using your palm as a measuring guide, and evenly distribute it along the hair shaft. Styling mousse will add hold and can help achieve better results.
2 . Use a Medium Radial Brush
A medium radial brush is used on medium to long hair types to smooth out wavy or curly hair textures or to add body to straight hair. When selecting a radial brush, always use one with a pure bristle as this will not tear or damage the hair.
3 . Blow-dry the Top Section Back
To blow-dry the top section back you will need to take your brush and firstly make sure that the section is no wider than the diameter of the brush. Next, place your brush on top of your head and under your section. Using your blow-dryer on a medium setting, blow-dry your hair from the roots, slowly lifting your hair up and working your way to the ends. Make sure to keep the blow-dryer in front of the brush at all times. Continue this step until the top section is completely dry.
4 . Apply Hairspray
To finish, apply a minimal amount of hairspray from an arms length distance to the top, sides and back. Take care not to use too much or you will end up with a white, flaky residue which looks like dandruff.