- Hair Category: Formal
- Hair Length: Short
- Hair Elasticity: Curly
- Gender: Women
- Face Shape: Round, Oval, Heart, and Triangular
- Hair Density: Medium/Thick
- Hair Texture: Medium/Coarse
- Age: Under 21, 21 - 30, 31 - 40, 41 - 50, 51 - 60, and Over 60
- Height: Any
- Weight: Thin/Average/Large
- Glasses: Without glasses suits best
- Styling Time: 30+ minutes
- Products: Wax, Sculpture Lotion, and Hair Spray
- Styling Tip: Spray your hairspray at the roots to create more body and hold.
1 . Apply Sculpture Lotion
Apply sculpture lotion to the palm of the hand and then place it evenly throughout the hair. Sculpture lotion can be used as an alternative to mousse for messy hair, as a styling aid when blow-drying for volume, and for a stronger hold.
2 . Use a Blow-dryer and Fingers to Dry Your Hair Off
Using your blow-dryer, dry your hair using your fingers, separating the hair and allowing it to dry at the roots first then the mid lengths and then the ends. Making sure the roots are dry first will ensure that your hairstyle does not fall flat.
3 . Use a Medium Curling Iron
A medium curling iron is used to create medium sized curls.
4 . Use a Curling Iron on the Front and Sides
Starting at the front, take a small section of hair and place the ends at the base of your curling iron barrel and then wrap the hair up around the barrel until you reach your roots. Hold the hair for 5 to 10 seconds and then release the hair by unwinding the strands backwards. Continue this step until all of the hair through your front and sides has been curled.
5 . Piece the Ends Using Wax
Apply a small amount of wax to your fingertips and then lightly piece and pinch the ends of your hair.
6 . Apply Hairspray
To finish, apply a minimal amount of hairspray from an arms length distance to the top, sides and back. Take care not to use too much or you will end up with a white, flaky residue which looks like dandruff.