Kathy Hilton Medium Straight Hairstyle - Dark Blonde (Honey)
- Hair Category: Formal
- Hair Length: Medium
- Hair Elasticity: Straight
- Gender: Women
- Face Shape: Oval, Oblong, Square, and Diamond
- Hair Density: Thin/Medium
- Hair Texture: Fine/Medium
- Age: 21 - 30, 31 - 40, 41 - 50, 51 - 60, and Over 60
- Height: Any
- Weight: Thin/Average/Large
- Glasses: Suits with and without
- Styling Time: 30 minutes
- Products: Mousse, Wax, and Hair Spray
- Styling Tip: Spray a small amount of hairspray at the roots and ends to keep this style full and shaped for longer.
1 . Apply Mousse
2 . Use a Medium Radial Brush
A medium radial brush is used on medium to long hair types to smooth out wavy or curly hair textures or to add body to straight hair. When selecting a radial brush, always use one with a pure bristle as this will not tear or damage the hair.
3 . Use a Blow-dryer to Kick Out the Back
Starting at the nape/back of the hair, place your brush on top of the section and blow-dryer down starting from the roots and using tension as you go. Next, place the blow-dryer underneath the hair and continue to blow-dry the ends out. Make sure to follow the brush with the blow-dryer in an outwards direction. If you like fuller flicks, hold the ends out and roll them up into the brush and apply the heat for longer.
4 . Blow-dry Left Side Back
Take a section of your hair from your ear to your temple that is the same diameter as the brush. Place your brush on top of the hair starting at the roots and pull the hair slowly in a backward direction with your blow-dryer following in front. Be sure the section is dry and then repeat the step on a new section of hair directly behind.
5 . Blow-dry Right Side Back
6 . Piece the Ends Using Wax
Apply a small amount of wax to your fingertips and then lightly piece and pinch the ends of your hair.
7 . Lift Roots Using Wax
Apply some hard wax to your fingertips and then rub it into your roots while lifting your strands for soft volume.