Jay Manuel Short Straight Hairstyle
- Hair Category: Alternative
- Hair Length: Short
- Hair Elasticity: Straight
- Gender: Men
- Face Shape: Round, Oval, Heart, and Triangular
- Hair Density: Medium/Thick
- Hair Texture: Medium/Coarse
- Age: Under 21, 21 - 30, 31 - 40, 41 - 50, 51 - 60, and Over 60
- Height: Any
- Weight: Thin/Average/Large
- Glasses: Suits with and without
- Styling Time: 30+ minutes
- Products: Gel Wax, Smoothing Shine, and Hair Spray
- Styling Tip: Apply a small amount of smoothing shine to your top sections for shine and hold.
1 . Style Hair Down at the Back Using Gel-wax
Apply some gel-wax to your fingertips then pull through the ends of your hair in a downward motion to achieve a semi-wet, textured result.
2 . Style Sides Down Using Gel-wax
Using a small amount of gel-wax, work it through the mid-lengths and ends in a downward motion. For a more textured, grungy look, use more gel-wax while pinching the ends as you go.
3 . Spike Top Using Gel-wax
Apply gel-wax to your fingertips, then grab a small section of hair and rub the gel-wax into your hair before twisting and pulling your strands upwards. For longer lasting spikes we recommend using strong hold gel.
4 . Apply Smoothing Shine
Apply a very small amount of smoothing shine to the palms of your hands and then run it through the mid-lengths and ends of your hair. Be careful not to add any to the roots or a large amount to any section of the hair as smoothing shine can be very heavy on the hair, weighing it down and making it appear oily.
5 . Apply Hairspray
To finish, apply a minimal amount of hairspray from an arms length distance to the top, sides and back. Take care not to use too much or you will end up with a white, flaky residue which looks like dandruff.