Short Straight Alternative Hairstyle - Dark Brunette
- Hair Category: Alternative
- Hair Length: Short
- Hair Elasticity: Straight
- Gender: Women
- Face Shape: Round, Oval, Heart, Diamond, and Triangular
- Hair Density: Thin/Medium
- Hair Texture: Fine/Medium
- Age: Under 21, 21 - 30, 31 - 40, and 41 - 50
- Height: Any
- Weight: Thin/Average/Large
- Glasses: Suits with and without
- Styling Time: 10 minutes
- Products: Wax and Lacquer
- Styling Tip: Use your finishing products to smooth down the ends and direct your hair into place.
1 . Wax the Back of Hair Out
Using wax and your fingers grab the mid-lengths of your hair and then drag it out and upwards for a full and messy result. Remember not to overdo the wax or your result will be a flat and greasy style.
2 . Style Sides Down Using Wax
Using a small amount of wax, work it through the mid-lengths and ends in a downward, pinching motion. For added texture, apply more pinching and more wax.
3 . Style Bangs to the Right Using Wax
Apply wax to your fingertips then drag through your bangs, sweeping the hair to the right as you go. Pinching the ends will create soft texture.
4 . Pinch Hair for Texture Using Wax
To finish the look, apply wax to your fingertips, making sure to smooth the wax over all of your fingers, then simply pinch the wax onto the ends of your hair, applying as much or as little as needed.
5 . Lift Roots Using Wax
Apply some hard wax to your fingertips and then rub it into your roots while lifting your strands for soft volume.
6 . Apply Lacquer
Lacquer is great for strong hold. A small amount is all that is required to finish and should be applied from an arms length distance to the entire style.