If you thought the only thing you had to worry about when choosing hairspray was the size of the can or the price tag, think again! There are different holds of hairspray and the final result for your look and how it holds up depends on what option you choose. To ensure youâ€™re getting the best from this great hair styling product, use our guide to help you choose the right hold for you!
The basic hairspray varieties available are light hold, medium hold and strong hold. As Iâ€™m sure youâ€™ve guessed, strong hold gives the strongest hold, while light hold gives the weakest. They are all made up of the same ingredients; the difference in strengths relies on the size of droplets released from the can - the bigger the droplets, the firmer the hold.
- Temporarily holds your hairstyle in place for a few hours.
- Keeps curls in shape and combats frizz without weighing locks down.
- Gives a non-stiff finish.
- Tames fly-away strands.
- Provides a flexible hold, which is great for curls and waves.
- Can be brushed out of your locks.
- Adds shine.
- Gives you more control than a light hold.
- Makes your hair easier to manage.
- Injects a bit of shine into your locks.
- Keeps frizz and fly-aways at bay.
- Helps hold the shape and style of your hair all day.
- A spritz into your root area will add volume to your locks.
- Helps you get a handle on hard to manage hair.
- Plumps up thin and fine hair types.
- Helps resist humidity.
- Adds volume and keeps it.
- Keeps body-filled styles in place.
- Can add strength to your strands so they keep your look for longer.
- Also adds shine and tames frizz and fly-aways.
This hold is for you ifâ€¦ the majority of your hairstyling looks require extensive hold (as in all day and night), if you use heat stylers to create straight, curly or wavy hairdos, elaborate evening looks or wedding hairstyles.