Limp and Oily Locks
Problem: feels like your hair is oily and dirty no matter how often you wash it, and itâ€™s hard to get it to hold a style or look anything other than limp.
Solution: this is a hair problem that has to do with your genetics and unfortunately canâ€™t be cured. There are some options you can try to help make the most of your hair, however, such asâ€¦
- Washing your hair with products designed for oily hair.
- Keeping the temperature of your shower/bath to luke warm. Hot water will strip your hair of oil, making it produce even more oil.
- Washing with a clarifying shampoo once a week. This will wash out any natural oil buildup or buildup left behind from your shampoo or styling products.
- Use a lightweight conditioner or a spray in conditioner. Itâ€™s important to not skip conditioner because even oily locks needs moisture.
- Use a dry shampoo to mop up excess oil and put some texture, volume and grip into your strands. This will also make it easier to style your hair.
- Stock up on volumizing sprays and lotions to help pump up your locks.
- Master some volume-filled hairstyles.