Dull Locks and Faded Hair Color
Problem: your hair is now permanently shine free and your hair color looks dull and nothing like the rich vibrant shade you left the salon with.
Solution: when your hair has been stressed by chemical processes and too much time with the blow-dryer, then it become porous and itâ€™s harder for hair dyes to take hold or for your hair to lie flat enough naturally to give off shine. Work around these changes with the following tipsâ€¦
- Boost your hair color with a color depositing shampoo. It will add a little bit of color every time you wash.
- Protect against fading with UV hair styling products and by wearing a hat if you know youâ€™ll be spending the day in the sun.
- Use smoothing serums and styling products that contain silicone to add some gloss to your locks.
- Apply a clear gloss. It works in the same way as a hair color, but injects a formula that refreshes your hue instead of adding more color.
- Use color retaining shampoos, conditioners, hair treatments and styling products.