- Hair Category: Formal
- Hair Length: Short
- Hair Elasticity: Wavy
- Gender: Women
- Face Shape: Round, Oval, Heart, and Triangular
- Hair Density: Thin/Medium
- Hair Texture: Fine/Medium
- Age: Under 21, 21 - 30, 31 - 40, 41 - 50, 51 - 60, and Over 60
- Height: Any
- Weight: Thin/Average/Large
- Glasses: Without glasses suits best
- Styling Time: 30 minutes
- Products: Mousse, Wax, and Hair Spray
- Styling Tip: Use the wax to piece out and define small sections of curl in your hair.
1 . Apply Mousse
2 . Use a Small Radial Brush
A small radial brush is used on shorter hair types to add more body or in longer hair types to create curl. When selecting a radial brush, always use one with a pure bristle as this will not tear or damage the hair.
3 . Blow-dry the Back Under
4 . Blow-dry Left Side Back
Take a section of your hair from your ear to your temple that is the same diameter as the brush. Place your brush on top of the hair starting at the roots and pull the hair slowly in a backward direction with your blow-dryer following in front. Be sure the section is dry and then repeat the step on a new section of hair directly behind.
5 . Blow-dry Right Side Back
6 . Use a Large Curling Iron
A large curling iron is used to create large soft curls and can be used to add body.
7 . Use a Curling Iron on the Front and Sides
Starting at the front, take a small section of hair and place the ends at the base of your curling iron barrel and then wrap the hair up around the barrel until you reach your roots. Hold the hair for 5 to 10 seconds and then release the hair by unwinding the strands backwards. Continue this step until all of the hair through your front and sides has been curled.