- Hair Category: Formal
- Hair Length: Short
- Hair Elasticity: Straight
- Gender: Women
- Face Shape: Oval, Oblong, Square, and Diamond
- Hair Density: Thin/Medium
- Hair Texture: Fine/Medium
- Age: Under 21, 21 - 30, 31 - 40, 41 - 50, 51 - 60, and Over 60
- Height: Any
- Weight: Thin/Average/Large
- Glasses: Suits with and without
- Styling Time: 10 minutes
- Products: Hair Spray and Moulding Cream
- Styling Tip: Use your fingers to direct your hair into place and allow your products to dry naturally.
1 . Style Hair Down at the Back Using Moulding Cream
Apply some moulding cream to your fingertips and then pull it through the ends of your hair in a downward motion to achieve a textured look.
2 . Style Sides Down Using Moulding Cream
Using a small amount of moulding cream, work it through the mid-lengths and ends in a downward motion. For added texture, pinch the ends as you go sparingly.
3 . Flatten the Top Using Moulding Cream
Apply moulding cream to the palms of your hands, and then starting at the top-back area, drag your hands forward, flattening your hair down as you go. For a longer lasting style repeat this step.
4 . Part to the Left
Using the corner of your comb and standing in front of a mirror find the middle of your left eye and then drag the comb straight up slowly until you reach your hairline and then continue back in a straight manner to achieve an even left part. A side part is great for longer face shapes because it creates the illusion of width.
5 . Apply Hairspray
To finish, apply a minimal amount of hairspray from an arms length distance to the top, sides and back. Take care not to use too much or you will end up with a white, flaky residue which looks like dandruff.