- Hair Category: Formal
- Hair Length: Short
- Hair Elasticity: Straight
- Gender: Women
- Face Shape: Round, Oval, Heart, and Triangular
- Hair Density: Thin/Medium
- Hair Texture: Fine/Medium
- Age: Under 21, 21 - 30, 31 - 40, 41 - 50, 51 - 60, and Over 60
- Height: Any
- Weight: Thin/Average/Large
- Glasses: Suits with and without
- Styling Time: 20 minutes
- Products: Wax, Hair Spray, and Moisturizer
- Styling Tip: Pinch the product into the ends and lift the top at the roots to achieve body and volume.
1 . Apply Moisturizer
Apply a small amount of hair moisturizer to the palm of your hand and distribute it evenly through the mid-lengths and the ends. Moisturizer will help your hair to maintain good condition and protect your strands from heat as you style.
2 . Use a Blow-dryer and Fingers to Dry Your Hair Off
Using your blow-dryer, dry your hair using your fingers, separating the hair and allowing it to dry at the roots first then the mid lengths and then the ends. Making sure the roots are dry first will ensure that your hairstyle does not fall flat.
3 . Wax Hair Down at the Back
Apply some wax to your fingertips and then pull through the ends of your hair in a downward motion to achieve a sculptured look. Pinch clumps of hair in different directions for a messier result.
4 . Style Sides Down Using Wax
Using a small amount of wax, work it through the mid-lengths and ends in a downward, pinching motion. For added texture, apply more pinching and more wax.
5 . Lift Roots Using Wax
Apply some hard wax to your fingertips and then rub it into your roots while lifting your strands for soft volume.
6 . Apply Hairspray
To finish, apply a minimal amount of hairspray from an arms length distance to the top, sides and back. Take care not to use too much or you will end up with a white, flaky residue which looks like dandruff.