- Hair Category: Formal
- Hair Length: Short
- Hair Elasticity: Straight
- Gender: Women
- Face Shape: Oval, Oblong, Square, and Diamond
- Hair Density: Thin/Medium
- Hair Texture: Fine/Medium
- Age: Under 21, 21 - 30, 31 - 40, 41 - 50, 51 - 60, and Over 60
- Height: Any
- Weight: Thin/Average/Large
- Glasses: Suits with and without
- Styling Time: 20 minutes
- Products: Smoothing Shine, Lacquer, and Moulding Cream
- Styling Tip: Use your fingers to add height and texture into this style and allow the products to dry naturally.
1 . Style Hair Down at the Back Using Moulding Cream
Apply some moulding cream to your fingertips and then pull it through the ends of your hair in a downward motion to achieve a textured look.
2 . Style the Left Side Forward and Wispy Using Moulding Cream
Apply a small amount of moulding cream to your fingers and then pinch the ends on the left hand side of your style down and forward for face-framing texture.
3 . Style the Right Side Forward and Wispy Using Moulding Cream
Apply a small amount of moulding cream to your fingers and then pinch the ends on the right hand side of your style down and forward for face-framing texture.
4 . Flatten the Top Using Moulding Cream
Apply moulding cream to the palms of your hands, and then starting at the top-back area, drag your hands forward, flattening your hair down as you go. For a longer lasting style repeat this step.
5 . Style Bangs Forward Using Moulding Cream
Apply a small amount of moulding cream to your fingertips and then using your fingers, rake through your bangs to the ends for hold and texture.
6 . Apply Smoothing Shine
Apply a very small amount of smoothing shine to the palms of your hands and then run it through the mid-lengths and ends of your hair. Be careful not to add any to the roots or a large amount to any section of the hair as smoothing shine can be very heavy on the hair, weighing it down and making it appear oily.
7 . Apply Lacquer
Lacquer is great for strong hold. A small amount is all that is required to finish and should be applied from an arms length distance to the entire style.