- Hair Category: Formal
- Hair Length: Medium
- Hair Elasticity: Straight
- Gender: Women
- Face Shape: Oval, Oblong, Square, Heart, and Diamond
- Hair Density: Thin/Medium
- Hair Texture: Fine/Medium
- Age: Under 21, 21 - 30, 31 - 40, 41 - 50, and 51 - 60
- Height: Any
- Weight: Thin/Average
- Glasses: Without glasses suits best
- Styling Time: 30 minutes
- Products: Smoothing Shine and Lacquer
- Styling Tip: After tucking your ends under with your radial brush, use your straightening iron to smooth your hair flat, remembering to keep the ends slightly curved under.
1 . Apply Straightening Balm
Squeeze a small amount of straightening balm into your palms and then rub your hands together before smoothing the product evenly through damp hair.
2 . Part to the Right
Using the corner of your comb and standing in front of a mirror find the middle of your right eye and then drag the comb straight up slowly until you reach your hairline and then continue back in a straight manner to achieve an even right part. A side part is great for longer face shapes because it creates the illusion of width.
3 . Use a Medium Radial Brush
A medium radial brush is used on medium to long hair types to smooth out wavy or curly hair textures or to add body to straight hair. When selecting a radial brush, always use one with a pure bristle as this will not tear or damage the hair.
4 . Blow-dry the Back Under
5 . Blow-dry the Sides Under
6 . Use a Straightening Iron
When straightening your hair, first make sure that your hair is completely dry. Then, section your hair off starting from the back/nape using a comb. Straighten your hair starting from the roots and working your way down to the ends using your comb as your guide. Make sure not to leave the straightening iron in one spot for more than 3 seconds. For more information about straightening techniques click here.
7 . Apply Smoothing Shine
8 . Apply Lacquer
Lacquer is great for strong hold. A small amount is all that is required to finish and should be applied from an arms length distance to the entire style.