Gayle King Medium Straight Hairstyle
- Hair Category: Formal
- Hair Length: Medium
- Hair Elasticity: Straight
- Gender: Women
- Face Shape: Oval, Oblong, Square, and Diamond
- Hair Density: Medium/Thick
- Hair Texture: Medium/Coarse
- Age: Under 21, 21 - 30, 31 - 40, 41 - 50, 51 - 60, and Over 60
- Height: Any
- Weight: Thin/Average/Large
- Glasses: Without glasses suits best
- Styling Time: 30 minutes
- Products: Mousse, Smoothing Shine, and Hair Spray
- Styling Tip: Spray a small amount of hairspray into your roots for extra volume and hold.
1 . Apply Mousse
2 . Use a Medium Radial Brush
A medium radial brush is used on medium to long hair types to smooth out wavy or curly hair textures or to add body to straight hair. When selecting a radial brush, always use one with a pure bristle as this will not tear or damage the hair.
3 . Blow-dry the Back Under
4 . Blow-dry the Sides Under
To blow-dry the sides, take out a small section of hair from the front and clip the rest of the hair away. Next, place the brush under the section and then pull the brush and hair forward around your face (this curving motion creates body). Place the hair-dryer on top of the brush until you reach the ends and then turn the ends under. Repeat until dry.
5 . Blow-dry Bangs Forward
When blow-drying your bangs forward, clip your hair back leaving only your bangs out. Position your bangs evenly in your brush, taking the hair in a forward direction. Blow-dry from roots to ends, keeping the tension consistent, and evenly distribute heat over the whole section of hair that you are working on. Repeat until the hair is dry. This will stop any frizz that may occur.
6 . Tease Hair
Pick up a small selection of hair from your mid section no bigger than your tail comb. Place your comb at the roots and then comb up and down until the hair is standing up by itself. Continue to the crown and finish at the sides. Repeat this step if you require more volume.