- Hair Category: Formal
- Hair Length: Half Up Medium
- Hair Elasticity: Straight
- Gender: Women
- Face Shape: Round, Heart, and Triangular
- Hair Density: Thin/Medium
- Hair Texture: Fine/Medium
- Age: Under 21, 21 - 30, and 31 - 40
- Height: Short
- Weight: Thin/Average
- Glasses: Suits with and without
- Styling Time: 30+ minutes
- Products: Mousse and Lacquer
- Styling Tip: Tease the hair on the top and the side and then smooth the two layers before pinning the sides back.
1 . Apply Mousse
Apply styling mousse to damp hair, using your palm as a measuring guide, and evenly distribute it along the hair shaft. Styling mousse will add hold and can help achieve better results.
2 . Use a Medium Radial Brush
A medium radial brush is used on medium to long hair types to smooth out wavy or curly hair textures or to add body to straight hair. When selecting a radial brush, always use one with a pure bristle as this will not tear or damage the hair.
4 . Blow-dry Straight on the Sides
Using your brush, blow-dry in small sections starting from the sides. Tilting your head forward, place the brush an inch below the roots to hold them taut and aim the dryer above the brush for a few seconds before continuing to the ends. Repeat this step on a new section directly above the dry one.
5 . Tease Hair
Pick up a small selection of hair from your mid section no bigger than your tail comb. Place your comb at the roots and then comb up and down until the hair is standing up by itself. Continue to the crown and finish at the sides. Repeat this step if you require more volume.
6 . Pin the Hair Half Up and Half Down
Take one section of hair from one side and secure it at the back of your head with a pin. Repeat on the other side to form this style.
7 . Apply Lacquer
Lacquer is great for strong hold. A small amount is all that is required to finish and should be applied from an arms length distance to the entire style.