Thick Hair Tricks
By Kate on 27 January 2010
Fake your way to thicker looking hair with a little help from TheHairStyler.com.
If you’ve been waiting for the hairstyling trend of big hair to pass by because your hair isn't thick enough to rock the look then we’ve got the tricks you’ll need to try out those volume filled hairdos!
Hair Product Power
- A volumizing shampoo and conditioner are the perfect products to start with.
- A root lifter will pump up your locks at the roots.
- A volumizing spray will thicken up your strands.
As with any hair product, there is a little trial and error involved in finding the right products that’ll work for you. Arm yourself with as much knowledge about your hair type as you can before you buy (see our article, The Best Hair Products for Your Hair for some tips) and try the best products that you can afford.
Hair Color Trickery
- Using a permanent hair color in a solid shade will make your hair look thicker.
- If you’d like more variety then you can also give the appearance of depth and thickness with highlights and lowlights.
Savvy Styling Techniques
The final trick for achieving thick hair comes from styling.
- Using a blow-dryer and a paddle or vent hair brush will add volume to your hair as you dry.
- Hair rollers will inject thickness and volume right into your ends and roots.
- For those who want to avoid using heated styling tools then some simple hair scrunching is a fuss-free way to create a thick, full look.
If you don’t know much about hair rollers then our daily style trend, Hot Hair Rollers Tips, can help you out. And for step-by-step instructions about using the scrunching technique to achieve thick hair, see Hair Styling Tips: Scrunching.
So there you have our tricks for faking your way to thick hair. You might not have been born with full strands, but by using the right hair products, hair color and styling techniques, it can be yours!