Oval Face Shape - Characteristics
By Kate on 20 September 2011
Find out which characteristics make up an oval face shape.
Your face shape is oval!
An oval face shape has long been regarded as the ideal face shape, simply because its proportions and balance allow it to pull off practically any haircut, hairstyle and makeup look with ease.
If you have an oval face shape then you'll recognize the following characteristics:
- Your face is slightly longer than it is wide.
- Your forehead and jawline are approximately the same width.
- Your chin is rounded in shape with no hard lines.
- Your jawline has a slight roundness to it.
- Your forehead is slightly broader than your jaw.
- Your face is widest at your cheekbones.
All of these characteristics add up to a balanced face shape which features no areas that are more dominate than another (your forehead is not noticeably larger than your jawline, for example). This allows you to wear a large range of looks when it comes to styling your hair and your makeup.
To find out exactly what will work for your oval face shape, we recommend taking a look at the following links:
- The Right Hairstyle for Your Oval Face Shape
- Makeup Tips for Your Oval Face Shape
- The Right Bangs for Your Oval Face Shape
- Hairstyles for Your Oval Face Shape: Short, Medium & Long
- Find Your Perfect Hairstyle - Consultation
And browsing our range of hairstyles for looks that will suit an oval face shape.