A Step-By-Step Guide to Blow-Drying Like a Professional
When it comes to blow-drying, no one does it like a professional hairdresser. But if you've always wanted to know how you can achieve the same quality at home, then THS is here to help.
By following our easy steps and tips, you'll be blow-drying like a pro in no time!
What You'll Need
- Freshly shampooed and conditioned hair
- A towel
- A wide-tooth comb
- Straightening balm
- Sectioning clips
- A round brush
Step 1 - Shampoo and condition your hair using good formulas which are designed to help dry and style your hair faster.
Step 2 - Use an extra absorbent towel to dry your hair as much as possible. Your hair should be damp, but not dripping.
Step 3 - Remove all of the tangles from your hair with a wide-tooth comb. Start from the bottom of your strands and work your way up, remembering to be gentle.
Step 4 - Apply a small amount of straightening balm to your palms and rub together to heat the product up before raking your hands through your hair. It's also a good idea to use a heat protection product and any other styling products which may help to speed up the drying process and style your hair faster.
Step 5 - Blast your hair with a hair-dryer set on medium heat to get your hair about 80 percent dry. Using an ionic hair-dryer will help to minimize any damage that may be caused by the heat and will give you a smoother finish.
Step 6 - Put your hair-dryer down and clip away all of you partly dried hair except for the section you want to work on.
Step 7 - Roll the sectioned hair around a round brush and move your hair-dryer back and forth constantly over the hair section.
Step 8 - Put your hair-dryer down and unroll your hair from the brush and give it a quick run through with your fingers. Repeat steps 6 to 8 until your hair is completely straightened.
Step 9 - Finish with a light finishing product to keep your hair in place and smooth any fly-aways. If necessary, run a straightening iron over your hair cuticles to ensure a completely smooth look.
- Use a nozzle attachment on your hair-dryer.
- Round brushes shape and add body.
- Finishing with cool air will set the shape and close the cuticle, which will add shine.
- Style with a clean brush - wash your brushes every 2 weeks with a little shampoo and warm water.
- When blow-drying around the front and top layers, use your brush to hold your hair up and out to the side so that your hair will fall back sleekly rather than puffy.
- To blow-dry a cow-licked bang, hold your hair down with your hands and then blast your roots with hot air. After a few seconds, pull away your blow-dryer and continue holding your hair down with your hand until your hair has cooled. Repeat the steps until your bangs stays put.